UVA composer Judith Shatin spoke with Thom Pease of the Listening Room about TechnoSonics XII - LIGHT, an annual festival featuring internationally recognized composers and performers, held on Friday, September 23 at 8:00 PM in the Rotunda Dome Room at the University of Virginia. This year's concert presents a program of curated works on the theme of light. Dr. Shatin spoke about the concert, the Virginia Center for Computer Music, and what Thomas Jefferson might have thought about hearing such sounds in that room. The concert is presented by the University of Virginia McIntire Department of Music and the Virginia Center for Computer Music, and is co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost for the Arts: fostering access innovation. For more information, please call the UVA Arts Box Office at 434-924-3376.
- The interview can be heard in its entirety:
- You can hear about some of the other programs sponsored by the Virginia Center for Computer Music:
- You can hear about some of Shatin's current compositional projects:
- Read about EMMI (Expressive Machines Musical Instruments).
- Watch a musical robot (PAM and MADI) playing Bulgarian folk music: