WTJU Mission Statement
- To present original, rich, and diverse programming of music and
other forms of expression free from the direct constraints of
commercial interests, reflecting the broadest educational goals of the
- To provide the University and surrounding communities with a
significant alternative to other broadcast media within the station's
- To provide educational, entertaining music and public affairs
programming, and information on issues and events of interest to the
- To serve as a communications link between the University and
surrounding communities, bringing the resources of the University to
its neighbors, providing opportunities for participation in the
creation of programming and the experience of broadcasting, and
fostering closer contact among different groups.
- To archive selected recorded material acquired or produced by WTJU.