Departmental Training Coordinator
WTJU Departmental Training Coordinator
- Immediate Supervisor
- WTJU General Manager
- General Definition of Work
- First line contact with volunteers considered for membership at WTJU. Coordinate training with Departmental Music Directors and/or Production Director. Assist General Manager in maintenance and updates of Operations Manual.
- Primary Duties
- Training volunteers for paperwork, technical and musical aspects of radio programming (note: General Manager will address legal issues with all candidates); Supervise and evaluate ongoing performance through analysis of show recordings, and coaching; Assist music directors in placing trainees in shows for âshadowingâ.
- Typical Tasks
- Orient volunteers on the basic workings of a radio station including the Main Air Console, Turntables, CD Players, CD Burners, the On-Air Operations Computer, voice levels and other presentation information. Responsible for follow-up contact with all applicants whether accepted or not. Coordinate training sessions in main air studio with General Manager. Assist General Manager in training volunteers in fundraising techniques in preparation for quarterly on-air fund drives. Keep track of volunteer projects and participants.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Significant familiarity with basic technical workings of a radio station and good "people skills". Good organizational skills are also necessary.
- Education & Experience
- Some college required
- Special Requirements
- Availability for irregular hours
- Conditions of Employment
- Estimated time commitment