Google Map or detailed directions to WTJU.
In 2000, WTJU moved into our currents offices and studios located on the 2nd Floor of Lambeth Commons in the Lambeth Residency area. Lambeth Commons and all interior areas of WTJU are accessible to the disabled.
- Regular Office Hours
- Parking is very limited at WTJU. Park in a WTJU-assigned space and then obtain a visitor's pass from the WTJU receptionist and then hang it from your rearview mirror.
- All guests to WTJU are asked to sign the Guest Sign-In Sheet located on the reception desk as you enter WTJU.
- Smoking is forbidden in all Lambeth buildings by University of Virginia policy.
- Drugs and alcohol are forbidden in all Lambeth buildings by University of Virginia policy.
- Food and Drink may not be brought into any of the studio spaces.
- Observe all on-air warning lights and keep voice-levels down.
- Enjoy your visit!
- Go South on Route 29 North/Emmet Street toward the University of Virginia
- From the intersection of Emmet Street and Barracks Road go through four lights (including the Barracks Road light): approximately one mile.
- When you are at the fourth light at the intersection of Emmet Street and Massie Road move immediately into the left lane (you will see the John Paul Jones Arena and University Hall to your right)
- Continue about 100 yards beyond that light and turn left into the Lambeth Residency Area (note sign) parking lot: If you go under the Railroad Underpass, you've gone too far.
- From the light and intersection of Route 29/Emmet Street and the Ivy Road/University Avenue go 300 yards North on Emmet Street and under the railroad underpass
- Turn right into the Lambeth Residency Area (note sign) parking lot
- Once in the parking lot, turn LEFT immediately and drive about 100 yards up the alley that runs behind the residence halls
- There are 10 parking spaces with signs indicating WTJU Restricted Parking on your left
- Park in one of these spots and either walk East on the Grounds Walk to the rear of Lambeth Commons building and walk down the steps. You may also take the "scenic" route down the alleyway that parallels the Grounds Walk. Our building is straight ahead of you as you walk down the alley. A Convenience Store on the first floor and signs to our studios on the second floor from this point onward
- Enter through the front door and either take the elevator (to your immediate right) or the stairs (straight ahead) to the 2nd Floor.
- Walk through the lounge and to the reception area of WTJU, obtain a parking pass, place it on your dashboard and return to WTJU (this pass is not required during the week of and the week following our fund drives: please call WTJU for special instructions during those times)
WTJU's office hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday or by appointment.
Fund Drive Office Hours
During fund drives, the offices of WTJU are open 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. On Saturday we are open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sunday, Noon to 5:00 PM.
During pledge drives, please print this parking pass PDF and place on your dashboard when paying your pledge in person at WTJU. This pass is good for 20 minutes of parking. If you do not have a PDF Reader simply write WTJU-SPRING on a piece of paper and place it on your dashboard. Note: The doors to the Lambeth Commons building and WTJU will be auto-locked between 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Access to WTJU during those times is possible if you have made previous arrangements. Guests should call 434-924-0885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Brief Tours:
We are happy to conduct brief tours of our facility during fund drives or during your impromptu visits to WTJU if someone is available. It is best to schedule a visit in advance.
WTJU will conduct hands-on tours for special groups including elementary, high school and home school students, girl and boy-scout groups, and other youth-groups. Tours may include a small recording project executed by the group members. Specialty tours should be arranged at least one week in advance.
If the small WTJU parking lot is full (as is sometimes the case), there are other parking options in the area, depending on the time of day you arrive. See the map below for details.
Note: If your band is performing live on WTJU and you have a lot of gear, contact station staff about getting a sidewalk permit.