September 26 - October 2
Jazz Lives Here. For us at WTJU, jazz is live. Jazz is improvised. To hear a jazz performance is to be a part of an amazing, ephemeral, mad act of creation. Jazz is a living thing.
Join us for WTJU’s annual Jazz Marathon pledge drive – Monday, Sept 26 through Sunday, Oct 2. Tune in to 91.1 FM and online at WTJU.net for a week of round-the-clock jazz and blues.
We’ll air live, in-studio performances in one-of-a-kind sessions each evening from 7-9pm. Other programs throughout the week will focus on some of the most important live recordings in the history of jazz.
The beauty of live music is it’s never the same twice. The beauty of our annual marathons is that the programming is never the same – it’s as spontaneous as the musicians we feature.
To keep this exciting, living, spontaneous programming alive, WTJU needs your support. Donate, or call 434-924-3959 during the marathon. All donations are tax-deductible, and all go a long way to ensuring WTJU stays strong and independent.
During the marathon, listen for special guests and shows, including:
- Live performance by The Free Bridge Quintet with John D’earth, Jeff Decker, Robert Jospe, Pete Spaar and special guest, Hod O’Brien
- Guitarists Charlie Pastorfiled, Conrad Drennon and Too Many Guitars, Aric Van Brocklin and Steve Briggs
- The return of host Tom Morgan, aka "The Bartender"
- Saxophonist Michael Eiswick
- Acoustic bluesmen Ralph Rush, Jack Roy and Mississippi Conjure
- Gypsy swing from the Rick Olivarez Trio
Check out our full schedule of marathon specials.
Don’t forget, we record all our shows for convenient streaming up to two weeks from the date of broadcast. So, if you missed a live show, you can still hear it at our Tape Vault. (We know you’ll want to hear them all!)
We invite you to join us on WTJU, and remember that Jazz Lives Here.